The Babel development team reported on the release of the seventh version of the transpair - a tool that rewrites code from one language to another at a comparable level of abstraction or from one version of the AP to another. The release of Babel 7 required 2 years of labor, 4 thousand commits and 50 pre-releases.
As a result, it denied Node.js versions 0.10, 0.12, 4, 5, received a new tool
babel-upgrade to automatically install updates, as well as support for TypeScript.
Babel 7 Features
- The rejection of unsupported versions of Node.js is 0.10, 0.12, 4 and 5.
@babelnamespace migration. For example, the
babel-coreis now represented as
@ babel / core.
- Refusal to publish
preset-es2015annual presets and complete transition to the only one:
- Renaming some packages: all the plug-ins suggested by the TC39 committee will be marked
- Adding a tool for automatically updates install
- Adding a new configuration file is
- Support for plug-ins and presets.
- Support for TypeScript in the
@ babel / preset-typescriptpreset