Bitcoin continues its significant growth, by reaching another all time height.
Bitcoin price chart
At the moment of press, these are average parameters:
- Price $6990.35
- Market cap $116,455,211,549
- 24h volume $3,550,650,000
But at the number of cryptocurrency exchanges, Bitcoin is being traded over $7000. Among them:
- Bithumb $7297.57
- GDAX $7009.99
- Coinone $7299.82
- Korbit $7305.66
- Bittrex $7095.44
Let’s try to figure out, what are the background on these new price hights of Bitcoin. There wasn't any big news from yesterday, so, these news can still have affect:
- CME to launch Bitcoin futures contract
- World’s largest derivatives exchange, CME Group, is to launch Bitcoin futures by the end of the year. Assuming regulators grant CME’s application, the exchange will become the second U.S. regulated exchange to offer Bitcoin derivatives to institutional traders.
- Bloomberg says “Bitcoin is going legit, for better or worse.”
- This is unexpected move by one of the two leading providers of financial information for professional participants in financial markets.