The team of Bitcoin Candy has announced on the official website of the fork that Bitcoin Cash will undergo a hard fork at block height 512666, after which some of the improvements proposed by the community will be added to the forked chain. They are planning to explore anti-quantum attacks solution of Bitcoin based on the cryptography background.
The main features of Bitcoin Candy are stated as follows:
- Fast: Block interval adjusted to two minutes
- Lower threshold: Total supply adjusted to 21 billion
- Decentralization: Equihash (GPU) PoW algorithm
- Safe: Anti-quantum attack exploration and no SegWit
Bitcoin Candy logo
Other important features of Bitcoin Candy enlisted on the official website of the hard fork:
- Hardfork height: 512666（Bitcoin Cash)
- Estimated hardfork time: 2018/01/13
- PoW algorithm: EQUIHASH(GPU)
- Supply: 21 billion
- Distribution ratio: 1:1000
- Pre-mine: Yes, 1% of supply will be pre-mined
- Block interval: 2 minutes
- Replay protection: Yes
- Block size: 8M
- Segwit: No
- Difficulty adjustment: Difficulty adjustment
Bitcoin Candy Team
If the users hold BCH in a wallet where you can control private key yourself, they get free CDY, and if the exchange they store BCH does not support CDY, to avoid the loss of assets the users are recommended to withdraw BCH to a wallet which they have a private key from or to exchanges that support CDY.
CoinEx is the only exchange which is stated to support Bitcoin Candy, along with Bitpie Wallet.