Is a software company working on financial solutions built on a blockchain, such as decentralized asset exchanges, banking, project funding
The BitShares development team unveils their biggest announcement since launching one year ago: the upgrade to BitShares 2.0.
BitShares Core Release 2.0.170531 ─ https://t.co/7B36xZ6dwq
— BitShares (@bitshares) 31 мая 2017 г.
BitShares has been operating for about a year, and the community has identified numerous problems which are currently holding the system back from its full potential, such as slow performance, high resource requirements, non-standard market matching algorithm, lack of flexibility of system parameters, etc.
That's why this update is to be the next one in the evolution of BitShares as it incorporates all of the feedback and lessons learned from the BitShares stakeholders, partners, developers, marketers, and other community leaders throughout the year of research and development, the company reports in its blog.
According to the announcement made, a brand new BitShares codebase has been rebuilt from the ground and BitShares 2.0 was designed to address all of the above issues. The report says that by upgrading, the community will experience:
- A new high-performance protocol and engine, capable of handling over 100,000 transactions per second.
- A new user-friendly hosted wallet interface.
- Brand new financial smart contract features.
- A new set of tools for community feedback.
- A new viral growth model.
- Robust testing infrastructure designed to prevent bugs and regressions.
- A new developer-friendly and extensible codebase.
To learn more details about BitShares 2.0 see the official company's report.