On Wednesday, February 27, at 21:00 UTC, Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange plans to update the trading engine, for which it will temporarily disable access to wallets and suspend trading.
Deposit and withdrawal of funds will be unavailable within 24 hours, and trading will be suspended for up to three hours, starting at approximately 22:00 UTC.
The exchange also asks customers to take measures to complete or cancel partially executed orders, since they will be canceled during the update.
Also for an indefinite period, conditional orders and the automatic sale function will be disabled.
At the same time, Bittrex.com and International.Bittrex.com will remain available, customers will still be able to log in and check their balance sheets.
According to Bittrex, the planned update will speed up the processing of orders by 20 times and prepare the platform for the introduction of a number of additional functions during 2019:
- Maker-Taker and other features for liquidity providers and high-volume traders
- New ways to add fiat to your accounts
- Account management improvements (access to full transaction history, account statements, and more)
- New order types and options, including Market Orders
- More Flexible Conditional Orders which will eliminate the need for reserve funds when making conditional orders, allowing traders more flexibility without tying up money in conditional trades. (NOTE: Conditional Orders will be disabled until this updated functionality goes live)
- And more
Additional information about the progress of the update will appear in real time on the official exchange page on Twitter.
Bittrex will also support updates to Constantinople and St. Petersburg. Petersburg in the Ethereum network.