Blockspring to be Acquired by Coinbase

Blockspring developers will now be part of Coinbase team
18 January 2019   512

Coinbase has acquired a developer of tools for collecting data from various APIs called Blockspring. The amount of the transaction was not disclosed.

Note that the incubator Y Combinator, the company Andreessen Horowitz and SV Angel became investors of Blockspring in 2015. At the same time, the startup highly praised CTO Coinbase Balaji Srinivasan.

Blockspring developers will be part of the Coinbase team and create unique tools for the company.

Hacked Zaif Exchange to Resume Operations

It was hacked in September last year,  about $60 million in cryptocurrency was stolen from its platform
22 April 2019   88

Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Zaif announced that it will complete the transition from the Tech Bureau to the Fisco Digital Asset Group (FDAG) on April 22 and resume normal operation the next day, Cointelegraph reportes.

In September last year, the exchange underwent a hacker attack when about $ 60 million in cryptocurrency was stolen from its platform, including Bitcoins, Bitcoin Cash and Monacoin. As part of the compensation plan to users, FDAG exchange acquired a large stake in Zaif business and transferred to the Tech Bureau over $ 44.6 million.

According to an earlier announcement of the exchange, 40% of the lost funds will be compensated to users by Fiat, and the remaining 60% - to the cryptocurrency, which will be available for withdrawal on April 23.