The countdown until the launch of Bitcoin Futures on Cboe Exchange has started. The futures will be launched on the exhange at 5:00 p.m. Central Time on December 10.
CBOE to launch Bitcoin Futures on December 10
CBOE Bitcoin Futures main features
- Ticker symbol: XBT
- XBT futures are based on the Gemini's auction price for Bitcoin, denominated in U.S. dollars
- The contract multiplier for the XBT futures contract is 1 Bitcoin
- Minimum price intervals: 10.00 points USD/XBT (equal to $10.00 per contract). The individual legs and net prices of spreads in XBT futures may be in increments of 0.01 points USD/XBT (equal to $0.01 per contract)
- Trading in XBT futures will be halted for 2 minutes if during trading hours the best bid in the XBT futures contract closest to expiration is 10% or more above the daily settlement price of that contract on the prior day
- After trading commences following such a halt, trading in XBT futures will be halted for 5 minutes if during trading hours the best bid in the XBT futures contract closest to expiration is 20% or more above the daily settlement price of that contract on the prior day
- CFE will be waiving all of its transaction fees for XBT futures in December 2017
|Type of Trading Hours||Monday||Tuesday - Friday|
|Extended||5:00 p.m. (Sunday) to 8:30 a.m.||3:30 p.m. (previous day) to 8:30 a.m.|
|Regular||8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.||8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.|
The XBT Bitcoin Futures trading data can be tracked on the official website of Cboe Futures Exchange, but the information will appear with a 10 minutes delay.
What is more, the end of the year is marked by the arrival of Bitcoin futures contracts, and the information about other exchanges launching Bitcoin futures you can find here.