Django is one of the most popular frameworks for Python, which is number one programming language in the world, according to the IEEE Spectrum.
Let's take a look on few interesting Django books.
Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.8
This book is full of material that will help you with your Django projects. Authored by Daniel Roy Greenfeld and Audrey Roy Greenfeld.
Two Scoops of Django
It will introduce you to various tips, tricks, patterns, code snippets, and techniques that authors picked up over the years. This book is an update and expansion of previous editions:
- Updated for Django 1.8 and changes in the Django ecosystem, with corrections and clarifications added thanks to the feedback of our readers and technical reviewers.
- Revised material on templates, consuming REST APIs, replacing core components of Django, and more.
- 85+ pages of new material on Jinja2, debugging, advanced query tools, data validation, testing, security, and more
Beginning Django CMS
Beginning Django CMS shows you how to build a dynamic website with a full content management system in the backend easily. It is written for Internet developers who are tired of dealing with complicated, bloated website frameworks that are a pain to build and a nightmare to maintain. Django CMS is an Open Source website building framework that is experiencing exponential growth because it is built on the simple, secure and scalable architecture of Django. This book takes you from knowing nothing about Django CMS, to building a functional website and content management system that you can deploy for your own website or for your customers.
Beginning Django CMS
What You'll Learn:
- Install and configure Django CMS
- Build a dynamic website quickly and easily
- Author and submit content for publication
- Administer Django CMS
- Install and use custom and third-party plugins
- Deploy a website using Django CMS
Beginning Django CMS is for programmers, in particular Python and Django programmers, wishing to build a simple, custom content management system (CMS).
Available at Amazon.
Django Unleashed is your step-by-step, beginner-friendly guide to leveraging Django’s core capabilities and its powerful contributed library. You’ll learn in the most effective way possible: hands on, by building a fully functional Django website from scratch. You’ll even deploy the website to the cloud.
This books covers such topics as:
- Quickly start a new Django project and establish a strong foundation for a growing site
- Define how your data is organized and create a SQLite database to manage it
- Quickly produce HTML with Django templates
- Create dynamic webpages with Django’s URL patterns and views, including function views, class-based views, and generic views
- Enable efficient, reliable data input with Django Forms and custom form validations
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture, compare it to Model-Template-Views, and gain a holistic understanding of Django’s structure
- Write as little code as possible, simplify code reuse, and mitigate software decay by adhering to the Don’t Repeat Yourself paradigm.
- Dive into Django source code to troubleshoot problems
- Extend site functionality with Django’s contributed library
- Protect your site with user authentication and permissions
- Avoid security pitfalls such as SQL Injection, XSS, and CSRF
- Optimize site performance
- Deploy your site to a managed cloud service and to a PostgreSQL database
Get it at Amazon.
What Django book do you prefer? Maybe had already read some of them? Please, share your thoughts with the community. Also, after the voting, you will be able to see what people like the most. Your opinion is very valuable for the Hype.Codes team.