What is Djoser?
REST implementation of Django authentication system. Djoser library provides a set of Django Rest Framework views to handle basic actions such as registration, login, logout, password reset and account activation. It works with custom user model.
Instead of reusing Django code (e.g.
PasswordResetForm), we reimplemented few things to fit better into Single Page App architecture.
What's new in Djoser 0.7?
According to the developers, they were working for 2 months to release this version.
List of changes:
TOKEN_MODELsetting to allow third party apps to specify a custom token model
USER_EMAIL_FIELD_NAMEsetting as a compatibility solution in Django < 1.11
- Add support for Django Password Validators
- Add HTML templates for djoser emails
- Add flake8 integration to CI
- Add py.test integration
- Add Python 3.7 to CI
- Update from coveralls to codecov
READMEto rST with uniform badges
djoser.views.PasswordResetViewto allow non-database
- Update docs on topics which have been added/modified since last release
- Remove serializers manager, so the serializers in djoser are now accessed via dot notation
- Remove support for DRF 3.4
- Remove support for basic auth as authentication backend
- Refactor djoser settings module for cleaner and more pythonic/djangonic solution
- Refactor tests into multiple files and fix some minor issues
- Refactor some parts of codebase for better readability
- Slightly refactor/simplify parts of
- Fix all style issues reported by
flake8_ in codebase
- Fix security bug in
See GitHub for more info.