Bitcointalk forum is well-known for being one of the fastest sourses of news regarding cryptocurrecnies and digital assets. In February of 2018 the thread about Dogethereum, a new decentralized digital currency, which will be founded on snapshot of Dogecoin and based on ETH algorithm with fastest speed of transactions, smart contracts, appeared on Bitcointalk.
As it was stated in the announcement, the goal of the project is to push Doge currency to the brand new direction, with no ASIC mining, speed and simplicity. The project is stated to be community driven, and there will be no ICOs, premines or other manipulations. DOGX is developed by professional team of engineers and economists who are passionate about crypto currensies, so there are no extra commissions, fees or predefined stakes.
Roadmap of Dogethereum:
- Establish secure stable network - DONE
- Warm up and prepare network for public access - IN PROGRESS
- Fork of all coins DOGE 1:1 DOGX - DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Public advertisement and promo - SOON
- Listing on crypto Exchanges
- Research and development of faster algorithm with better scalability - 2019
The exact fork date has not been announced yet, but it is reportedly scheduled for winter 2018.