The TRON Foundation on Sunday published a notice for developers, in which it recommended that they not promote certain types of decentralized applications in the Japanese market.
TRON hereby declares that:
- TRON strictly conforms with relevant laws and regulations in Japan;
- TRON does not encourage or recommend any gambling DApps regarding the Japanese market;
- TRON suggests Japanese DApp developers not develop any gambling DApps on TRON’s platform;
- TRON suggests developers who are working on gamling apps block users with Japanese IP addresses. Please do not facilitate the use of gambling apps among Japanese users;
- TRON will collaborate with Japanese government and provide necessary support if any TRON DApps violate Japanese laws and regulations.
How exactly will the violators be prosecuted, the TRON Foundation does not specify.
In Japan, gambling is prohibited by the criminal code, with the exception of betting on the results of horse racing and motor racing competitions, as well as state lotteries.