Distributed ledger technology is trully one of the biggest discoveries of recent years. It can improve human life in any field. And the ODEM team is going to use it to improve one of the most important indusrties - education.
What is ODEM?
ODEM is an On-Demand Education Marketplace built on the Ethereum blockchain. The platform connects students, educators, and service providers where, together, they develop and engage in personal and group, in-person educational programs.
The platform reduces costs and improves access to premium education by directly connecting educators with students and eliminating inefficient and costly intermediaries. Students and other education buyers can easily research and find the perfect curriculum from educators around the World. For educators, it increases their visibility among all education buyers, generates real-time feedback on courses, and pays incentives for development of relevant courses.
ODEM uses artificial intelligence to seamlessly manage complex requests, organizing complete educational programs around the world. Once programs are entered into by students and educators, ODEM smart contracts seamlessly manage payments from beginning to the end of long-term engagements.
ODEM is revolutionizing how educators and students plan, connect, and book educational programs.
These are the features of ODEM for student and educators:
- Create public and private profiles within the ODEM platform.
- Search and purchase in-person courses, lectures and curricula.
- Submit custom curricula to ODEM educators for bidding.
- Earn ODEM Tokens as royalties for custom content.
- Receive ODEM Token sponsorships from businesses and individuals.
- Give feedback and assess course quality.
- Benefit from flexible payment in currency of choice.
- Gain visibility by creating a custom profile and developing platform reputation.
- Submit courses, lectures and curricula.
- Participate in student-generated curriculum bidding on the ODEM platform.
- Receive ODEM Tokens as royalties for successful content.
- Collaborate directly with students to refresh course material.
- Earn more for teaching courses by eliminating costly intermediaries.
At the moment of press (5.3.2018). ODEM's ICO is ongoing with €4,380,245.00 raised of € 11,182,500 hard cap.
ODEM received 4,554.93 ETH from the pre-sale of 58,200,000 ODEM Tokens between Dec. 1 and Dec. 31, 2017.
During the first week of ODEM’s public crowdsale which began on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, ODEM received 416.404 ETH from the sale of 6,171,110 ODEM Tokens at a price of 14,820 ODEM Tokens per ETH.