A symposium "Elastos in a New Era of BlockChain" will take place in New York City on May 12 by Elastos Foundation and Chinese Finance Association. The world’s first Internet operating system focusing on re-decentralizing Internet with blockchain Elastos has teamed up with the world’s largest association of Chinese finance professionals and scholars, TCFA to introduce to both of the communities state-of-the-art of blockchain and share the contribution Elastos brings to the space.
Dress code is business casual. The agenda of the meetup is as follows:
- 1:30 – 2:00 PM: Registration
- 2:00 – 2:15 PM: Welcome remarks by Dr Jason Wei, Chairman of TCFA
- 2:15 – 2.45 PM: Keynote: Dr Rong Chen, Elastos Foundation
- 2:45 – 3:15 PM: Keynote: Dr Feng Han, Elastos Foundation
- 3:15 – 3:30 PM: Coffee break
- 3:30 – 5:00 PM: Panel discussion (TBD)
- 5:00 – 6:00 PM: Networking reception
Dr. Feng (Sunny) Han is one of the most reputable blockchain thinkers from China. Feng is an advisor to the Huawei Research Institute, blockchain development at Alibaba, and is also a member of the Tencent Talent Pool. As for Dr. Rong Chen, he is a professor of postgraduate modules in Cyber Intelligent Economy and Blockchain at Tsinghua University. He led the teams of Microsoft Research OS, IE3 ActiveX, Ole Automation, .COM, and .NET. He left Microsoft for elastos in 2000 which has been funded by the Chinese government and Foxconn Group.