The Ethereum Classic project team summed up the results for 2017 and shared its plans for 2018.
Development recap of 2017, and plans for 2018 via @ETCDEV
— Ethereum Classic (@eth_classic) 10 января 2018 г.
Among the main events of the 2017, the developers identify the following:
- Hardfork at block 3M to pause the Difficulty Bomb.
- ETCDEV made huge refactoring, cleanup and introduced a lot of improvements to Geth codebase, with more than 1100 commitsfor past year and 8 releases.
- Moved to new monetary policy.
- Built a desktop wallet from scratch, with support of light/remote nodes, hardware wallets, and many other things.
- Command line tools to operate blockchain from shell scripts, send and receive coins, sign transactions and many more in lightweight and secure way, which could be integrated into or used together with other server side software
- Totally new EVM for Ethereum projects.
- By numbers it’s 16 new projects (in Github terms) and more than 5000 total commits for year 2017. Or almost 20 commits per working day, counting ETCDEV work alone.
Plans for 2018:
- Growth and development of the team. To participate in the project it is planned to invite more developers and managers.
- Scaling the network through the people. Now the team Ethereum Classic is preparing several pilot projects with third-party companies and declares that it is maximally open for cooperation in this area.
- Adaptation of Ethereum Classic for working with IoT (Internet of Things, Internet of Things).
- Continuation of work on the Emerald Platform and the release of Emerald Desktop Wallet, Mobile Wallet and several more dApp.