Feathercoin claims to be an upgraded and customised version of Bitcoin. Its block hashing uses the NeoScrypt which is an updated version of Scrypt using modern elements. The difficulty adjust eHRC (enhanced Hash Rate Compensation) to make sure that blocks come in on average at 60 seconds is also a solution developed by Feathercoin and now used by several popular coins.
As it was reported by Peter Bushnell, Feathercoin 0.13 will signal support for SegWit/CSV on block 2,120,000, which will occur approximately on March 9, 2018.
Feathercoin SegWit Announcement
Segregated Witness BIP9 Soft Fork features:
- Elimination of unwanted transaction malleability
- Capacity increase
- Weighting data based on how it affects node performance
- Signature covers value
- Linear scaling of sighash operations
- Increased security for multisig
- More efficient almost-full-node security
- Script versioning
The users on clients older than 0.9.6.2 are recommended to upgrade to 0.13.0.0 to remain on the correct chain as old clients will reject blocks using BIP9 (Version Bits) soft forks.