Greetings! I hope your week went great! Here's new frontend technologies news digest.
Learn about the intrinsic sizing in CSS, learn how to create rocedural clouds using three.js Sprites, learn about the upcoming Node security updates for different versions and read\watch other interesting things.
- Use and Reuse Everything in SVG… Even Animations!
This tutorial will teach you on how to build and optimize your code when working with SVG and CSS
- Intrinsic Sizing In CSS
Through this guide, author explored each of the intrinsic values (one of the method of sizing in CSS) and see how we can get the benefit of them
- Can you make a countdown timer in pure CSS?
Check another super power of CSS in this guide
- How to Create Procedural Clouds Using Three.js Sprites
End result looks like a pretty working solution
- Today, the Trident Era Ends
Microsoft released the new version of Edge browser, built on Chromium, so, the era of the Trident engine, that was used for IE and Edge is gone; check this deep dive into the IE era, look at it quirks, technologies, along with the ideas Microsoft put into it
According to the analysis, based on CDNJS data, they really almost never being update after the installation, and that can be an issue
- Microsoft is helping Google improve Chrome’s tab management
Great example of cooperation of two IT giants, aimed at improving browsers
- Mozilla has banned nearly 200 malicious Firefox add-ons over the last two weeks
Quite an amazing number, great work the security team
- February 2020 Security Releases
Some big security released are expected for the Node next week
- Humans can't read URLs. How can we fix it? - HTTP 203