Thomas Lee, Fundstat Co-Founder shared information in his interview to CNBC about five indexes, that Fundstat will use to monitor different cryptocoins.
So, according to Lee, the indexes created by him are called FS Crypto FX and were created to better understand the "evolution and behavior of the cryptocurrencies" by institutional investors.
Indexes track a total of 630 different crypto-currencies, which are classified by market capitalization and trading volume into five groups:
- FS Crypto 10 — tracks the 10 largest and most liquid digital currencies including bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, litecoin, dash, IOTA and monero.
- FS Crypto 40 — tracks the top 11 to 50 digital currencies by market value and liquidity including NEM, bitconnect and Lisk.
- FS Crypto 250 — tracks the top 51 to 300 cryptocurrencies by market value and liquidity including BitcoinDark, Singular DTV and FirstCoin.
- FS Crypto 300 — tracks the 300 largest digital currencies by market value and liquidity.
- FS Crypto Aggregate — tracks the performance of 630 digital currencies.
According to Lee, these indexes will allow investors to analyze the dynamics of various digital currencies and will perform a function similar to that performed by the S&P 500 to determine the current state of the securities market.
Fundstrat also noted that the algorithm developed by them will allow estimating the specific weight of individual crypto-currencies in each of the indices. In this case, the composition of the indices will be reviewed quarterly.
Lastly, Lee noted that even 2% of the country's currency allows to increase the yield of the traditional investment portfolio of securities, consisting mainly of stocks and bonds, by 2.29%.