The developers of the distributed version control system Git released the service update. In Git 2.19, new options appeared for more accurate search by repository, configurations for setting the default sorting of the branches, and tools for comparing the chains of commits.
git range-difftool that compares the two chains of commits. With it, you can see the changes in the content and attached notes, the differences in the order of the commits.
- New options for the
git grepsearch tool:
git grep --columnto highlight the first match with the query in the column,
-only-matchingvalue) to search for full matches and -hiI to skip matches with file names and ignore binary files.
- The new configuration to configure the default branching sorting is
- Detection of file transfers from one directory to another in the
git mergetool by default.
- Fixed a vulnerability in
.gitmodulesthat allowed remote code execution.
- The experimental function
git clone --filter = blob: nonefor partial cloning of objects.
- Support for the second version of the Git protocol, which Google introduced in May 2018.
- Switch to the SHA-256 hash algorithm.
Get more info at GitHub.
Git 2.18 was released in June 2018 and contained 903 changes, and in April Git 2.17 made 516 revisions. A detailed overview of the changes in the current version is available in the GitHub blog.