Golem is a project which lets users rent CPU/GPUs and get paid in cryptocurrency. On December 20, the new upgraded Brass Golem Alpha2 0.10.0 version was released.
With the new version users can observe their incomes displayed in the GUI and check how many test GNT they have earned, tasks persistance was made to be able to be turned on by default, and the mprovements in the protocol to make Golem network more scalable and find other nodes quicker were implemented.
#Golem's new major Alpha release is out! More details on the new features included in Brass Golem Alpha2 0.10.0 and download links in Aleksandra's blog post: https://t.co/hrwrfUvyo2 #Blockchain #Ethereum #decentralized pic.twitter.com/TvhST0Ga4S
— golem (@golemproject) 20 декабря 2017 г.
- Handshake protocol was improved
- Golem messages were moved to external module and refactored
- Task-related messages were saved for Concent service
- Additional messages for communication with Concent were added
- Bootstrap choosing mechanism was improved.
- Additional bootstrap nodes with lighter protocol (implemented in Golang) were added to Golem network
As soon as the news came out, the price of Golem token started rising which led to the number of 62% increase within past 7 days. Golem rose from $0,34 to $0,64 within a week and the market capitalization of the token grew from $288 million to $533 million during the same amount of time.
At the moment of press, these are main market parameters of Golem:
- Average price: $0,57
- Marketcap: $483 150 230
- 24h volume: $23 151 500