Google introduced an alpha version of the service for time series analysis. It processes information about events at the time - clicks, requests, activations of IoT devices, and so on. The Cloud Inference API analyzes these data in real time, finds correlations and makes predictions based on it.
Cloud Inference API
- A simple tree-like query language that allows you to specify your own time markers.
- Online processing of incoming data with minimal delay. Therefore, Google recommends using the API in interactive user applications.
- Ability to process data arrays of different volumes (up to trillions of records) and work under high load (up to hundreds of thousands of requests per second).
- Full integration with Google Cloud Storage, which provides access to the same data in different services of the platform.
- More information about the work of the tool can be found in the documentation.
Google noted that the service will be useful for a wide range of industries. Retailers can analyze the impact of pedestrian traffic on the level of sales conversion, content providers - the popularity of materials to provide better personal recommendations.
Now the Cloud Inference API is already being used by Snap to analyze the data received through the Snapchat application.
Google Cloud is developing a number of cloud services. At the end of August 2018, the company updated the tools for converting speech to text and vice versa. Cloud Text-to-Speech received support for several new languages and voices, and Cloud Speech-to-Text - recognition of several speakers, language and the ability to highlight important words