Popular general-purpose programming language and computing platform
New version of GraalVM now available.
— Java (@java) August 1, 2017
What is GraalVM?
- Performance - Graal incorporates our research on compiler technology, and offers better peak performance on some workloads than a traditional JVM.
- Interoperability - Languages executed in Graal can call each other without overhead and libraries from other languages can be used.
- Embeddability - Embed dynamic languages and native code with sandboxing capabilities.
- Tooling - Graal benefits from JVM-based tooling and all languages share common tooling such as debugging and profiling.
What's new in version 0.26?
This release contains some major changes/additions:
- LLVM bitcode interpreter Sulong now a part of Graal
- new GraalVM directory layout
- Graal SDK
- Native images for all languages
- New guest launchers with standardized VM options