PDFs can be generated in many ways, but one of them is to convert HTML+CSS content to a PDF. The URL to PDF Microservice just does that. This microservice allows you to render to PDF receipts, invoices, or any other content.
So, according to the developers, main advantages of this product are:
- Rendered with Headless Chrome, using Puppeteer. The PDFs should match to the ones generated with a desktop Chrome.
- Sensible defaults but everything is configurable.
- Single-page app (SPA) support. Waits until all network requests are finished before rendering. A feature which even most of the paid services don't have.
- Easy deployment to Heroku. We love Lambda but...Deploy to Heroku button.
- Renders lazy loaded elements. (scrollPage option)
- Supports optional
Here is an example of usage.
Scheme of work
Learn more at GitHub.