Greetings! I hope your week went great! Here's new Ruby news digest.
Learn about Ruby 2.7's shorthand syntax for argument forwarding, what's new in Ruby 2.7, Ruby 2019 main takeaways from the keynote (as a text) and much more!
- Ruby 2.7 Adds Shorthand Syntax for Argument Forwarding
In Ruby 2.7 you can use the syntax
... in parameter or argument lists to basically ‘pass through’ (or forward) arguments from one method to another
Rubyfmt is inspired by Go’s gofmt formatting tool and it formats existing Ruby code, and you can set this up as you like
- From ActiveRecord Callbacks to Publish/Subscribe Pattern and Event-driven Design
Learn how to move the legacy app from the old design to the new clean way, from activerecord callbacks to event-drive design, in the end
- Overpacking.. A Common Webpacker Mistake
Learn about the popular Webpacker users' mistake and how to avoid it and save deploy time
- Ruby - raise Exception.new or raise Exception - they're both the same
Learn why they are the same
There’s a lot new things coming in 2.7 including controversial stuff like pattern matching, numbered parameters, and keyword argument changes
- Rubyconf 2019 — Main takeaways from the keynote — Ruby 2.7, 3.0 and the road ahead
If you missed the biggest Ruby event this year - don't worry and check this takeaway
- A Q&A with Eileen Uchitelle
Interview with staff Software Engineer on the Ruby Architecture Team at GitHub and a member of the Rails Core team.
- RubyConf 2019 - JRuby: Zero to Scale! by Charles Oliver Nutter and Thomas E Enebo
- RubyConf 2019 - Containerizing Local Development... Is It Worth it? by Tony Drake