On February 7 of 2018 IOTA has made an announcement in Medium blog regarding the launch of IOTA Ecosystem, which is a platform for the community of developers, startups, hobbyists and initiatives all over the world working towards the "distributed and decentralized future".
— IOTA (@iotatoken) 7 February 2018
IOTA Ecosystem's aim is to unite everyone and everything connected with the development of decentralized platforms, from proof-of-concepts, utilities and libraries, to educational resources, media, philanthropic endeavors. Moreover, it aims to bring IOTA community together, letting the users collaborate, learn, inspire, develop and build projects together.
The IOTA Ecosystem will be a hub of education, innovation, tools, collaboration and development for the IOTA distributed ledger protocol.
IOTA Official Statement
The IOTA Ecosystem will be used for:
- Educational resources, tutorials, videos and interactive tools
- Developer resources including new libraries, modules and second layer applications
- Articles and blog posts related to the development
- Hackathons, IOTA Ecosystem competitions and events
- Initiatives for social and environmental impact
- A landing page for the EDF with a portal for applications and a window into the EDF
While the IOTA Foundation will govern IOTA Ecosystem, it hopes that later it will become community driven.