The JetBrains team announced the release of a new version of the .NET-tools family of add-ons - ReSharper Ultimate 2018.2. In particular, the update of ReSharper has been supported by C # 7.3, built-in spell checker and several new navigation features.
Main features of ReShaper Ultimate 2018.2:
- Performance improvements: Developers made about 30 performance fixes in different parts of ReSharper, from speeding up EditorConfig support to decreasing solution loading times.
- C# 7.3 support: ReSharper finally supports all features from the latest C# 7.3. New inspections and appropriate quick-fixes are here to make your code C# 7.3 compatible.
- Integrated spell checking with ReSpeller: 2018.2 comes with spell-checking functionality out of the box, enabled for most of the supported languages.
- Initial Blazor support: Even though Blazor is declared experimental for now, team added initial support for this promising framework in ReSharper. For instance, code completion includes all the possible directives, e.g. page (routing), inject (service injection), and function (component members).
- The Parameter Info popup and the Summary tooltip for IntelliSense: When using code completion in C# or VB.NET, ReSharper displays parameter types and method return types in a different color, making it easier to visually identify method overloads.
- Navigation improvements: Now you can exclude files by mask from all Search & Navigation features, and find function signatures copied from dotTrace’s or Visual Studio’s call stack view in Search Everywhere. File Structure, Containing Declaration, and Next/Previous Members now take local functions into account.
- The formatter engine update: Comments in a code file that override formatter settings can be generated automatically. The presentation for formatting rules which come from a StyleCop configuration file has been improved.
- Refactorings UI update: Several ReSharper refactorings have been moved to the new presentation framework, which will yield many benefits in the coming future thanks to a unified control behavior for ReSharper and Rider. As for visible UI changes, most noticeable ones are code completion available in Change Signature and a better presentation for Extract Method.
- Other features: Fix-in-scope quick-fixes now have more granular fixing scopes; the code style for Built-in Type has been improved; there’s a new option to execute BeforeBuild and AfterBuild targets for skipped projects in ReSharper Build; and a new inspection was added to highlight misplaced text in XAML.
In addition to ReSharper, the tool family includes ReSharper C ++, dotMemory, dotTrace, dotCover, and dotPeek.
- ReSharper C ++: Support for C ++ / CLI, C ++ 17 and C ++ 20.
- dotCover: Integration with the JetBrains Rider IDE and the use of an internal tool to run from the command line as an extension for dotnet.exe.
- dotTrace: Performance improvements and the .NET process filter.
- dotMemory: profiling project launch configurations and an improved timeline for memory allocation.
- dotPeek: Improved type support with methods without implementation.
Shortly before the release of ReSharper Ultimate 2018.2, the version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 15.8 was released. It had received a lot of new fuctions.