The OpenBSD project developers presented a release of the portable edition of the LibreSSL 2.9.1 package, within which the OpenSSL fork is being developed, aimed at providing a higher level of security. The LibreSSL project is focused on high-quality support for the SSL / TLS protocols with the removal of unnecessary functionality, additional security features sy and the extensive cleaning and processing of the code base. The release of LibreSSL 2.9.1 is considered experimental, in which the capabilities that will be included in OpenBSD 6.5 are being developed.
These are some of the updates and new features:
- Added SM3 hash function (Chinese standard GB / T 32905-2016);
- Added block cipher SM4 (Chinese standard GB / T 32907-2016);
- Added OPENSSL_NO_ * macros to improve compatibility with OpenSSL;
- The EC_KEY_METHOD method is partially ported from OpenSSL;
- Implemented missing OpenSSL 1.1 API calls;
- Added support for XChaCha20 and XChaCha20-Poly1305;
Get more info at email copy.