Early in the morning of November 27 it was reported that one of the apartments in bedroom suburb of Novorossiysk in Russia was enveloped in flames. There was no loss of life or injured people but all the property of an owner was burnt away. It is said that vinyl windows of upstair neighbors were fire damaged and an apartment of downstairs neighbours was flooded during the fire-fighting operation.
According to preliminary data, the main ignition cause was a short circuit. It was reported that there was an underground mining farm organized by the owner of the apartment. The long process of mining leads to the overload of electric current and heating of air. For this very reason the probability of fire hazard increases.
Many officials put forward suggestions about banning of mining farms located at living quarters in Russia. The idea was supported by Ilya Massukh, the President of Information Democracy Development Foundation.