The Mooncoin fork will be implemented at Block 1.250.000. According to the team, this fork will not include a burn of coins and this fork will not generate another coin as Bitcoin Cash fork did.
Mooncoin hard fork info
- Hardfork to new codebase occurs at block 1,250,000, however Mooncoin 0.10 and 0.13 wallets will be compatible until this point.
- PoW algorithm is Scrypt, not BalloonHash. Pools and lightning network (in the future) support Scrypt, Balloon is exotic.
- Block retarget algorithm will switch to DUAL_KGW3 with Bitsend timeout; after which diff will lower dynamically if a block has not been found after 60 minutes.
- Warpsync block speedup - meaning a full sync from scratch can be achieved in 34 minutes (tested to the point of obsession on a core2quad q8200, you will sync quicker).
- Controlled lowering of coin emission via dynamic nSubsidy.
- Top Mooncoin addresses are unspendable and contain more than 77 billion frozen MOONcoins, which were not delivered (till March, 2017) by the Cryptsy exchange to the Florida court and were not returned to legitimate owners
Mooncoin hard fork to new codebase will occur at block 1,250,000 with block day average > 471 on May 27, 2018.