Mt.Gox Founder to Doubt Company's Relaunch

Mark Karpelese believes to conclude a deal of this kind, a court decision is needed
12 February 2019   477

Mark Karpeles, the former CEO of the Mt.Gox bankrupt bitcoin, questioned the millionaire Brock Pierce’s plans to restart the trading platform and said that the latter probably has incomplete information about the rights of shareholders. This was reported by The Block.

Karpeles that he had received only a letter of Pierce’s intention to acquire Mt.Gox, but the terms of the document were not fulfilled by the parties. According to him, to conclude a deal of this kind, he needed a court decision. In addition, the final agreement was to be signed within 45 days. The letter “doesn’t have any value right now,” said Karpeles.

In turn, Brock Pierce argues that it was the then head of the exchange who tried to disrupt the deal.

It is noteworthy that the transfer of Jed McCaleb’s share (12%) for 1 BTC is probably also invalid, or has never taken place, since this required the approval of all shareholders.

Brock probably believes that the shareholders will receive the entire surplus, which was indeed the case when in bankruptcy but it’s not the case anymore with Civil Rehabilitation. In the case he somehow managed to launch a new exchange called Mt. Gox, which would take anywhere from six months to a year to get the necessary licenses, I don’t see any people using the exchange. No one wants to see something called Mt. Gox anymore.
 

Mark Karpeles

Founder, Mt. Gox

Earlier, Brock Pierce reported on plans for a "rebirth" of Mt.Gox exchange. 

Hacked Zaif Exchange to Resume Operations

It was hacked in September last year,  about $60 million in cryptocurrency was stolen from its platform
22 April 2019   102

Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Zaif announced that it will complete the transition from the Tech Bureau to the Fisco Digital Asset Group (FDAG) on April 22 and resume normal operation the next day, Cointelegraph reportes.

In September last year, the exchange underwent a hacker attack when about $ 60 million in cryptocurrency was stolen from its platform, including Bitcoins, Bitcoin Cash and Monacoin. As part of the compensation plan to users, FDAG exchange acquired a large stake in Zaif business and transferred to the Tech Bureau over $ 44.6 million.

According to an earlier announcement of the exchange, 40% of the lost funds will be compensated to users by Fiat, and the remaining 60% - to the cryptocurrency, which will be available for withdrawal on April 23.