NetworkManager 1.18, an interface to simplify network configuration, is out. Plug-ins with support for VPN, OpenConnect, PPTP, OpenVPN and OpenSWAN are developed as part of own development cycles.
Main innovations of NetworkManager 1.18:
- Added support for routing rules at the source address (policy routing), the need for which has matured after adding support for VPN WireGuard in the past release (needed to simplify the configuration of separate forward traffic forwarding to the VPN connection point address);
- Added the ability to filter VLANs in network bridges;
- Added support for TLV-structures LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol) defined in the IEEE 802.1 and IEEE 802.3 standards for the exchange of information about the parameters of equipment in the local network;
- The infiniband / IPoIB profiles provide the possibility of using large MTU values;
- In the nmcli utility, the processing of lists of options with connection parameters has been improved.