The JetBrains team has updated its cross-platform environment for .NET development Rider to version 2018.2. The new release includes Docker support for the debugger, built-in spelling checker, code coverage by unit tests and the ability to work with the MacBook Touch Bar.
What's new in Rider 2018.2
- The debugger now supports Docker, improved display of the call stack, and breakpoints for each thread in the case of multi-threaded code.
- Two new launch configurations have been implemented: Publish to IIS and Publish to custom server - to deploy the Web application created in ASP.NET Core on a local or remote server.
- Improved code autocompletion with the help of a statistic-based algorithm. In addition, Rider pays attention to how often the user uses its hints, and, depending on the feedback, makes corrections.
- In the IDE settings, the ability to create templates has been added, as well as editing and managing them through Editor | Live Templates and Editor | File Templates.
- Redesigned the solution browser: a new toolbar with icons for displaying all files, synchronizing the browser and the editor, and several new navigation buttons.
- Updated macOS-version: added support for MacBook Touch Bar, new icons and a dark theme for window titles.
- Integration with Unity: support for
csc.rspfiles, Unity Reload Assembles disable in Play mode, fixing
this == nullinvalid warning, and improved support for remote debugging.
- Together with the integration with dotCover, the environment received code coverage with unit-tests and support for continuous testing (only for the Windows version).
- ReSpeller support added.
- There are new opportunities for front-end development: support for TypeScript versions 2.9 and 3.0, improved integration with React, Angular and Vue.js.
- The Reference option is added to the content of the context menu of C # Interactive, and support for F # and NuGet is also updated.
- A full list of changes is available on the What's New page in the blog dedicated to the IDE Rider.
In August 2018, a new version of the whole family of tools for. NET-development - ReSharper Ultimate 2018.2. It includes an update to ReSharper, which has been supported by C # 7.3, built-in spell checker and several new navigation features.