Greetings! I hope your week went great! Here's new Ruby and Ruby on Rails news digest.
As always, we have prepared some great material for you. In this issue, you will learn, for example, how to migrate your Docker\Kubernetes Ruby app today, how to use Ruby unique method to remove duplicates, watch video on how to remove conditionals with Ruby's Array wrap method and many other things.
- Don’t change the signature of Sidekiq jobs running in production
Author brings a lot of arguments to the statement, given in the header.
- Fullstaq Ruby: First impressions, and how to migrate your Docker/Kubernetes Ruby apps today
Short, but interesting tutorial, which covers one of the aspects of Fullstaq Ruby.
- How to Use The Ruby Uniq Method To Remove Duplicates
uniq with a block provides even more power; great guide for the beginners.
- Removing conditionals with Ruby's Array wrap method
- Dev Quick Tips - Using Ruby's Reduce method to create a Hash of "Banana Bunch" Arrays
- Tales of the Ruby Grimoire - Part One - The Grimoire
As author of this programming fairytale explains, this is the first of many tales of the legendary Ruby Grimoire, a great and terrible book of Ruby dark magics
- Introducing the ‘aws-rails-provisioner’ gem developer preview
This gem is designed to help you define and deploy containerized Rails apps on AWS Fargate
- Jekyll 4.0.0.pre.beta1 Released
Pre beta1 of new major version of the solution, that allows to transform text in static websites and blogs
- Ciao: An HTTP Monitoring Tool, Built on Rails
Webapp that checks HTTP endpoints and can send notifications when something bad happens
- Hightop: A Shortcut for Group Count Queries
Adds a top method to Enumberable so works with both plain old arrays or ActiveRecord.
- RR 424: Documenting Your Code
David Kumira (Screencaster of Drifting Ruby, Panelist on Ruby Rogues), Nate Hopkins (CodeFund) and Andrew Mason (Full stack Ruby on Rails developer) talks why documenting your Ruby (and not only Ruby) code is valuable.