Greetings! I hope your week went great! Here's new Ruby/RoR news digest.
Articles and Guides
- 6 changes you might have missed coming in Ruby 2.7
Learn about some tiny, but interest thing you really may not noted in this Ruby version.
- Sorbetting a gem, or the story of the first adoption
As you may remember, new type checker for Ruby called Sorbet was released last week; in this article, programmer shares his thoughts and impressions on the topic.
- I just made Ruby++
The ++ implementing was more difficult. than expected.
- Brewing our own Template Lexer in Ruby
A practical walkthrough of building a basic lexer (the parser part will come later) as a way to implement your own templating language
- Rails 6 adds support for Multi Environment credentials
In Rails 6, different environments credintials can now be stored in separate files personal key for each.
- In-App Payments Backend Using Ruby
- HTTP Debugging for Ruby
Free version available too.