Assembling a variety of security token exchanges and trading organizations in the New York Financial District, Security Token Academy is organizing Security Token Summit. It will be held on June 11 at Conrad Hotel New York. Security tokens are supposed to improve the liquidity of assets. The rising generation of financial infrastructure is likely to transform new issuances and to start the tokenization of such assets as real estate, equity and debt.
Many 2017 ICOs face the expiration of 12-month lockup period and it drives security tokens exchanges and trading platforms.
The topics for the event is as follows:
- The basics of security token trading and exchange organizations. You will meet many of the key players.
- The impact security tokens could have on liquidity premiums.
- Disruption versus collaboration with existing players in financial services -- Will the next-generation token trading platforms/exchanges collaborate with, or disrupt, Wall Street?
- Decentralized versus centralized exchange formats for security tokens
- Pros and cons of tokenizing on public versus private/enterprise chains
- The role of security token advisors and whether traditional advisors such as investment banks will enter this market or be displaced -- or simply marginalized?
Among the notable attendees there will be Nasdaq former vice chairman David Weild, Airswap, CoinList, Sharespost and many others. The Eventbrite page can provide more details on the summit in case you are interested.