A release of the Slackel 7.2 distribution kit, built on the designs of Slackware and Salix projects, and fully compatible with the repositories offered therein is presented. A key feature of Slackel is the use of the constantly updated Slackware-Current branch. The graphical environment is based on the Openbox window manager. The size of the boot image that can work in Live mode is 1.5 GB (32 and 64 bits). The distribution can be used on systems with 512 MB of RAM.
- Added instonusb graphical user interface for installing Slackel and Salix Live images on a USB drive, including the ability to create an encrypted file with a state that has been modified during the process;
- A graphical multibootusb utility has been added to create Live USB editions of Slackel and Salix, allowing you to choose from several available live images during the download phase;
- Introduced the Slackel Live Installer (sli) installer, which represents an interface for installing the distribution in graphical mode and setting basic settings such as language, keyboard layout, time zone, and NTP server for time synchronization.
- Added the ability to save modified and added during the session data in an encrypted file or to encrypt the / home partition. Encryption modes are enabled through the transfer of options changes = persistent and home = persistent
- Added new parameter 'medialabel = "USB_LABEL_NAME"', which allows you to specify the label of the boot image when booting multiple OS from Live USB;
- In the Live-environment added full support for multimedia without installing separate codecs.