TechCrunch Disrupt is the event held annually which gives the attendees an opportunity to catch a glimpse of revolutionary startups, cutting edge technologies and meet tech industry’s key innovators. The unique event gathers the best and brightest entrepreneurs, investors, hackers, tech fans and tech leaders for on-stage interviews, the Startup Battlefield competition, a Hackathon, Startup Alley, Hardware Alley, and marvellous After Parties.
This year, TechCrunch Disrupt will take place on November 29 - 30 in Berlin, and will consist of the following sections:
- StartUp Battlefield, which is Techcrunch's Premiere Startup Competition, bringing the world’s top early stage startups together on one stage to compete for the Disrupt Cup, a $50,000 prize, and the attention of media and investors
- StartUp Alley, a place, where hundreds of early-stage startups showcase their talent and technology to attendees, investors and members of the press
- Hackaton, where Development Teams are challenged to create a product within 24-hours
- After parties, which serve as an awesome supplement to the whole event
Have a look at the most memorable moments of TechCrunch Disrupt, which was held last year. Doesn't it look wonderful? Hype.Codes team has attended the event in 2017 and enjoyed it to the fullest, making sure to deliver the most valuable info regarding the best projects presented at the conference, and sharing our impressions of the event.
Apart from hosting passionate about new technologies tech fans and enterpreneurs, TechCrunch gathers the most influencial speakers in this area. The past speakers and judges include:
- Alice Bentinck - co-founder of Entrepreneur First, the early stage investor that builds deep tech companies from scratch. EF invests in individuals with computer science and engineering backgrounds and has built more than 100 companies. Their portfolio includes exits such as Magic Pony Technology to Twitter for a reported $150m and Represent to Custom Inc for close to $100m.
- Vitalik Buterin - Founder and Inventor at Ethereum Foundation, co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine who has been involved in the Bitcoin community since 2011, and has contributed to Bitcoin both as a writer and the developer of a fork of bitcoinjs-lib, pybitcointools and multisig.info, as well as one of the developers behind Egora.
- Eileen Burbidge - a Partner at Passion Capital, the pre-eminent early-stage VC fund based in London. She brings extensive operational experience to her investment activities gleaned from business and product roles at Yahoo!, Skype, Apple and elsewhere. Eileen is also the Chair of TechCity UK, a HM Treasury’s Special Envoy for FinTech and Tech Ambassador for the Mayor of London’s office.
Hype.codes at TechCrunch Disrupt 2017
As our devoted readers already know, Hype.codes team is passionate about new technololgies and aspires to provide the readers with the up-to-date information regarding new emerging technologies and startups, that's why this year we have also applied for participation in this cool event.
Now we are waiting for the confirmation of our application so that we would be able to provide you with the news from one of the most interesting events of the year.