Tor announced the launch of alpha testing of the official Android application. Installation files are published at Google Play and on the official website. Creators promise multi-layer encryption and anonymity, and with the release of a full version - built-in proxy.
- BLOCK TRACKERS
- Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
- DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE
- Prevent someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
- RESIST FINGERPRINTING
- Tor aims to make all users look the same, so Tor Browser for Android makes it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
- MULTI-LAYERED ENCRYPTION
- When you use Tor Browser for Android, your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays.
- BROWSE FREELY
- With Tor Browser for Android, you are free to access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
The developers recommend using the application together with Orbot before the release of the full version.