TRON, a decentralized content protocol on the basis of blockchain, officially announced on January 23 the latest progress of the project development, showing that the main network functions were all set and it will be launched on March 31.
During the R&D of main net, the company integrated the advantages of multiple blockchain systems and proposed and realized the following core functions:
- With UTXO-based trading models, history transactions can be transparently tracked through the public ledger. UTXO boots concurrent processing capability and enhances network performance. Create the concept of transaction account that is in consistent with real-world application through abstraction based on UTXO technology.
- Achieve over 1 thousand transactions per second with PoS-based TBFT consensus mechanism which adjusts the account takers of a transaction according to the speed and delay of the block.
- Support ultra-low fee transfer (10e-6 TRX per transfer).
- Provide a secure execution environment for smart contract byte-code with TRON virtual machine (TVM). TVM has following advantages: lightweight, fast loading, resource isolation, high scalability etc.
- Support smart contracts written in programming languages such as Java. Compile them into TVM byte-code with TRON compiler for high execution performance.
- Provide common ABCI (Application BlockChain Interface) with consensus engine and Blockchain state machine loosely-coupled architecture.
- Provide distributed network management and monitoring utilities. Visualize TRON operations and performance to easily track the status and potential risks.