The United Nations Children's Fund is a program headquartered in New York City that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance in developing countries, and is a member of the United Nations Development Group.
The UNICEF Innovation Fund announced on January 16 that it was looking to make $50 - 90 thousand equity-free investments to "provide early stage finance to for-profit technology start-ups that have the potential to benefit humanity".
UNICEF Blockchain start-ups
The corporation stated that it is currently looking to invest in a group of companies developing software solutions on open blockchains, namely including:
- Smart Contracts
- Analyzing data
- $50- $90,000 in equity-free seed funding
- Product and technology development
- Network of mentors who help startup teams develop their business model and strategy to grow their company and ultimately profit
- Data networks and platforms
- Network of experts and partners across its Country Offices who can provide geographically localized advice and partnerships needed to reach more users
The submissions deadline is on 11:59 EST February 28th, 2018.