Visual Studio 2017 is now version 15.3. The release date сoincided with the release of .NET Core 2.0.
— Visual Studio (@VisualStudio) 14 августа 2017 г.
What's new in the release?
- Accessibility Improvements make Visual Studio more accessible than ever.
- Azure Function Tools are included in the Azure development workload. You can develop Azure Function applications locally and publish directly to Azure.
- You can now build applications in Visual Studio 2017 that run on Azure Stack and government clouds, like Azure in China.
- Improved .NET Core development support for .NET Core 2.0, and Windows Nano Server containers.
- In Visual Studio IDE, team improved Sign In and Identity, the start page, Lightweight Solution Load, and setup CLI. Refactoring, code generation and Quick Actions were improved too.
- The Visual Studio Editor has better accessibility due to the new ‘Blue (Extra Contrast)’ theme and improved screen reader support.
- Improved the Debugger and diagnostics experience. This includes Point and Click to Set Next Statement. Nested values in variable window were refreshed, and made Open Folder debugging improvements.
- Xamarin has a new standalone editor for editing app entitlements.
- The Open Folder and CMake Tooling experience is updated. You can now use CMake 3.8.
- Improvements to the IntelliSense engine, and to the project and the code wizards for C++ Language Services.
- Visual C++ Toolset supports command-prompt initialization targeting.
- Added the ability to use C# 7.1 Language features.
- You can install TypeScript versions independent of Visual Studio updates.
- Added support for Node 8 debugging.
- NuGet has added support for new TFMs (netcoreapp2.0, netstandard2.0, Tizen), Semantic Versioning 2.0.0, and MSBuild integration of NuGet warnings and errors.
- Visual Studio now offers .NET Framework 4.7 development tools to supported platforms with 4.7 runtime included.
- Added clusters of related events to the search query results in the Application Insights Search tool.
- Improved syntax support for SQL Server 2016 in Redgate SQL Search.
- Support for Microsoft Graph APIs in Connected Services.
The creators of Visual Studio listened to the communities feedback and fixed 10 most voted issues in this release
- Dark theme fails to load after F# install.
- Visual Studio installer update causes endless loop.
- List of recent projects not displayed correctly.
- Cannot add a name to a new Custom Profile.
- Moving DSL extension from Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2017 gives runtime error.
- Try...catch block throws 'TextBuffer edit operation while another edit is in progress' error message.
- Visual Studio self-signed certificate not accepted in Chrome 58.
- Publish fails with 'All build submissions in a build must use project instances originating from the same project collection'.
- 'Scanning new and updated MEF componets' runs every time Visual Studio 2017 is launched and slows startup time.
- Page loads are slow when debugging Visual Studio 2017 locally.
Learn more at official blog.