Is an open-source blockchain-based distributed computing platform featuring smart contract functionality, which facilitates online contractual agreement
Vitalike Buterin, creator of Ethereum, recently reported about growth of Viper's popularity among GitHub contributors.
— Vitalik Buterin (@VitalikButerin) July 28, 2017
What is Viper?
Distributed database that is used to maintain a continuously growing list of records, called blocks
Viper is an experimental programming language that aims to provide the following features:
- Bounds and overflow checking, both on array accesses and on arithmetic
- Support for signed integers and decimal fixed point numbers
- Decidability - it's possible to compute a precise upper bound on the gas consumption of any function call
- Strong typing, including support for units (eg. timestamp, timedelta, seconds, wei, wei per second, meters per second squared)
- Maximally small and understandable compiler code size
- Limited support for pure functions - anything marked constant is NOT allowed to change the state
This is fairly fresh stuff, but looks interesting. As far as I understood, this language is designed to work good with a lot of numbers and maths. I believe it can be very popular.
Chief front-end developer, Evrone
If we will look at the "Insights" at GitHub of Viper, we can see that popularity increased meantime.
You can have more information about this programming language at GitHub.