JetBrains has introduced an update to the WebStorm integrated development environment. In version 2018.3, support for TypeScript 3.1, JSON format, as well as the ability to pull Requests for GitHub are implemented.
The main innovations WebStorm 2018.3:
- New function "Suggest variable names."
- TypeScript 3.1 support.
- An accessibility check for HTML added. Also, developers have improved the removal of actions for HTML and JSX tags — the user no longer needs to start reformatting the code or do it manually.
- Data from CSS files can be transferred to other files.
- WebStorm now warns about undefined components of React.
- Added support for Vuetify in the framework Vue.js.
- In Node.js, an experimental function of workflows has appeared - they can be used for tasks that heavily load CPUs.
The changes also affected the development environment itself. For example, support for interceptions and pull requests for GitHub. Users have access to a new contrast theme.
In March 2018, version 2018.1 was released. In it, the developers added support for the Prettier code formatting service, as well as compact pop-up notifications with documentation for all supported languages