What is Faktory?
At a high level, Faktory is a work server. It is the repository for background jobs within your application. Jobs have a type and a set of arguments and are placed into queues for workers to fetch and execute.
You can use this server to distribute jobs to one or hundreds of machines. Jobs can be executed with any language by clients using the Faktory API to fetch a job from a queue.
Faktory web UI
According to the developers, basic features of Faktory are:
- Jobs are represented as JSON hashes.
- Jobs are pushed to and fetched from queues.
- Jobs are reserved with a timeout, 30 min by default.
FAIL'd or not
ACK'd within the reservation timeout are requeued.
- FAIL'd jobs trigger a retry workflow with exponential backoff.
- Contains a comprehensive Web UI for management and monitoring.
If you are interested, these links will be useful:
- Developers' website