An efficient server implies a lower cost of the infrastructure, a better responsiveness under load and happy users. How can you efficiently handle the resources of your server, knowing that you are serving the highest number of requests as possible, without sacrificing security validations and handy development?
Fastify is a web framework highly focused on speed and low overhead. It is inspired from Hapi and Express and as far as we know, it is one of the fastest web frameworks in town. Use Fastify can increase your throughput up to 100%.
- 100% asynchronous: all the core is implemented with asynchronous code, in this way not even a millisecond is wasted.
- Highly performant: as far as we know, Fastify is one of the fastest web frameworks in town, depending on the code complexity we can serve up to 20000 request per second.
- Extendible: Fastify is fully extensible via its hooks, plugins and decorators.
- Schema based: even if it is not mandatory we recommend to use JSON Schema to validate your routes and serialize your outputs, internally Fastify compiles the schema in a highly performant function.
- Logging: logs are extremely important but are costly; we chose the best logger to almost remove this cost, Pino!
- Developer friendly: the framework is built to be very expressive and help the developer in his daily use, without sacrificing performance and security.
Developers provided benchmarks table for different frameworks, including Fastity.
Benchmark was held on: Intel Xeon E5-2686 v4 @ 2.30GHz (4 cores, 8 threads), 16GiB RAM (Amazon EC2 m4.xlarge)
autocannon -c 100 -d 10 -p 10 localhost:3000 * 2, taking the second average.
Learn more at official website and GitHub.