What is fd?
fd is a simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to find.
While it does not seek to mirror all of find's powerful functionality, it provides sensible (opinionated) defaults for 80%of the use cases.
- Convenient syntax:
fd PATTERNinstead of
find -iname '*PATTERN*'.
- Colorized terminal output (similar to ls).
- It's fast
- Smart case: the search is case-insensitive by default. It switches to case-sensitive if the pattern contains an uppercase character.
- Ignores hidden directories and files, by default.
- Ignores patterns from your
.gitignore, by default.
- Regular expressions.
- The command name is 50% shorter than
- Parallel command execution with a syntax similar to GNU Parallel.
if you are interested, you can learn more at GitHub.