Skaffold is a command line tool that facilitates continuous development for Kubernetes applications. You can iterate on your application source code locally then deploy to local or remote Kubernetes clusters. Skaffold handles the workflow for building, pushing and deploying your application. It can also be used in an automated context such as a CI/CD pipeline to leverage the same workflow and tooling when moving applications to production.
- No server-side component. No overhead to your cluster.
- Detect changes in your source code and automatically build/push/deploy.
- Image tag management. Stop worrying about updating the image tags in Kubernetes manifests to push out changes during development.
- Supports existing tooling and workflows. Build and deploy APIs make each implementation composable to support many different workflows.
- Support for multiple application components. Build and deploy only the pieces of your stack that have changed.
- Deploy regularly when saving files or run one off deployments using the same configuration.
Skaffold has a pluggable architecture that allows you to choose the tools in the developer workflow that work best for you.
Get more info at GitHub.