Vim.wasm is experimental fork of Vim editor to compile it into WebAssembly using emscripten and binaryen.
Developer added some notices:
- Please access from a desktop browser (Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Edge). Safari seems the best on macOS.
- Please avoid mobile networks. Your browser will fetch some large files (up to 2.5MB).
- vim.wasm takes key inputs from DOM
keydownevent. Please disable your browser extensions which affect key inputs (incognito mode would be the best).
- This project is very early phase of experiment. Currently only tiny features are supported. More features will be implemented (please see TODO section). And you may notice soon on trying it... it's buggy :)
- If inputting something does not change anything, please try to click somewhere in the page. Vim may have lost the focus.
The goal of this project is running Vim editor on browser by compiling Vim C sources into WebAssembly.
WebAssembly frontend for Vim is implemented as a new GUI frontend. C sources are compiled to each LLVM bitcode files and then they are linked to one bitcode file
emcc finally compiles the
You can find more info at GitHub.