What is webj3?
web3j is a lightweight, highly modular, reactive, type safe Java and Android library for working with Smart Contracts and integrating with clients (nodes) on the Ethereum network:
This allows you to work with the Ethereum blockchain, without the additional overhead of having to write your own integration code for the platform.
According to the developers, these are the features:
- Complete implementation of Ethereum's JSON-RPC client API over HTTP and IPC
- Ethereum wallet support
- Auto-generation of Java smart contract wrappers to create, deploy, transact with and call smart contracts from native Java code (Solidity and Truffle definition formats supported)
- Reactive-functional API for working with filters
- Ethereum Name Service (ENS) support
- Support for Parity's Personal, and Geth's Personal client APIs
- Support for Infura, so you don't have to run an Ethereum client yourself
- Comprehensive integration tests demonstrating a number of the above scenarios
- Command line tools
- Android compatible
- Support for JP Morgan's Quorum via web3j-quorum
It has five runtime dependencies:
- RxJava for its reactive-functional API
- OKHttp for HTTP connections
- Jackson Core for fast JSON serialisation/deserialisation
- Bouncy Castle (Spongy Castle on Android) for crypto
- Jnr-unixsocket for *nix IPC (not available on Android)
It also uses JavaPoet for generating smart contract wrappers.
Lear more at GitHub.