Zcash team made an announcement on November 20 introducing Zcash 1.0.13 version, which has new features, performance improvements and bug fixes. The new version is stated to have low-memory prover which reduces memory usage by 43% from 3 GB to 1.7 GB when a transaction is generated.
— Zcash Company (@zcashco) 21 November 2017
An experimental feature, payment disclosure, is aimed at helping services manage shielded payments better, and also the full support for the z_shieldcoinbase RPC call was announced in order to help miners sweep up and shield coinbase rewards.
The main changes are these:
- Auto-senescence cycle was reduced from 18 to 16 weeks.
- Low-memory prover reduces JoinSplit creation memory usage from 3 GB to 1.7GB.
- Payment disclosure was added as an experimental feature with new RPC calls z_getpaymentdisclosure and z_validatepaymentdisclosure. This feature enables a sender to prove that a payment was made to a recipient, which can help services better manage their shielded payments.
- z_shieldcoinbase is now a fully supported RPC call
- Libsnark was brought into the source repository tree.
- Potential shutdown errors were fixed.
- User interface messages were cleaned up.
- The extended QA tests were migrated to Zcash.
- A workaround was implemented in the test wallet_protectcoinbase, which was previously failing on some platforms.
- Benchmarking was updated with new performance measurements and fixes.
It is worth mentioning that one week ago Binance, one of the most popular exchanges in the world, announced adding support for Zcash.
At the moment of press, these are main market parameters of Zcash:
- Average price: $295.40
- Marketcap: $788,190,390
- 24h volume: $75,716,000