On January 9, the team behind ZClassic has made an announcement presenting the beta release of ZClassic desktop wallet, which the development team worked nonstop on to get the wallet to the users. It was reported that 100 volunteers have already tested the wallet alpha version.
The release of the wallet can be found on GitHub, and the team reported that they have put together 6 dedicated server nodes around the globe to ensure connectivity for all users with more to come.
We are proud to announce the beta release of our #ZClassic desktop wallet! Our development team worked nonstop to get this wallet to you. Shoutout to our nearly 100 volunteers for the wallet alpha testing. This was truly a community effort!https://t.co/R54NdT9vy0
— Bitcoin Private (@bitcoinprivate) 8 January 2018
Nevertheless, the team highlighted that this is a beta version, which means that there are some issues noted in alpha testing that may be unresolved:
- Users cannot import a private key into the wallet, though they can export it. The only way to import your wallet is with a wallet.dat file placed in C:\Users\Your-Username\AppData\Roaming\Zclassic
- Sometimes the program does not start properly on the first start up
- The sync status jumps around a lot when users first start the program, but eventually it should synchronize
- The Mac version only works on the latest version of Mac OS (High Sierra and Sierra) and will not work on older versions
- The program is 64 bit and will not work on 32 bit OS
- When sending funds, users should allow for a small transaction fee and are recommended to leave at least 0.0001 ZCL in the wallet to pay for a fee when performing transactions
- Users cannot run this wallet simultaneously with ZCash wallet
- Transparent addresses will not show in the "addresses" tab until a transaction has posted to it, and users are recommended to make one in the "receive" tab and then use immediately
Previously, we have reported that the hard fork of ZClassic under the name Bitcoin Private was scheduled for January of 2018, but no exact date was known.
Currently, the general trend of ZClassic price is rising, as it grew 83% within past week, increasing from $85 on January 3 to $239 on January 7, but then significantly dropping to the point of $185 on January 9. Nevertheless, the market capitalization of the coin increased from $196 million to $334 during the course of past 7 days.
ZClassic Charts January 2018
At the moment of press, these are the main market parameters of ZClassic:
- Average Price: $187,80
- Market Cap: $339 885 869
- 24h Volume: $25 122 100